NEW! Program for AFP 2013 now available
July 20, 2013
An ISMB/ECCB 2013 Special Interest Group meeting
abstract submissions page
- March 15, 2013 Call for talk and poster abstracts opens
- April 20, 2013 Deadline for submitting abstracts
May 7 May 9, 2013 Notification of accepted talk and poster abstracts emailed to authors
for more details.
Talks are sought in, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Function prediction using sequence based methods. This would
include "classic" methods such as detection of functional motifs
and inferring function from sequence similarity.
- Function from genomic information: prediction by genomic location;
locus comparison with other organisms; function gain and loss.
- Phylogeny based methods
- Function from molecular interactions
- Function from structure
- Function prediction using combined methods
- "Meta-talks" discussing the limitations and horizons of
computational function prediction.
- Assessing function prediction programs
- Patricia Babbitt, University of California San Francisco. Protein similarity networks: Identification of functional trends from the context of sequence similarity
- Alex Bateman, European Bioinformatics Institute. Using protein domains and families for functional prediction
- Keith Dunker Indiana University School of Medicine. Functions of Intrinsically Disordered Proteins
- Anna Tramontano Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza"